Autoklose tracks when your recipients open or click links in your emails (including those in your signature). Unfortunately, there are some scenarios in which this tracking isn't 100% accurate.
The open rate is low:
- For an open to be tracked, your recipient's mail client must display images
- In rare situations, spam filters can strip out opens tracking
- If you're using a custom tracking domain (which we highly recommend, read more about it here: ), opens would not be logged if your DNS records weren't working correctly for a period of time
The click rate is low:
- To properly set up a link, you must select the text in your email, click the link icon and paste your link.
- If you're using a custom tracking domain, clicks would not be logged if your DNS records weren't working correctly for a period of time
You have unexpected opens:
- Have you opened sent messages in your mail client? Open-tracking won't distinguish from you opening the email versus your recipients opening it. This can also happen if your Hubspot account is set as BCC email address.
- Have you or your recipient forwarded your email to another person? Each open triggers the tracking pixel and will be shown in your statistics.
- In some cases, mail clients that automatically preview or prefetch messages for display can trigger opens
- Some aggressive spam filters may open images to check for malware
You have unexpected clicks:
- Have you clicked links in your own sent messages? Similar to the open-tracking, your clicks won’t differ from your recipients clicking the link.
- Aggressive spam filters may automatically click links when looking for malware
- In rare cases, mail clients may prefetch links to make email previewing faster
— — —
If you have any questions do not hesitate to initiate a live chat.
Your autoklose.com team!
— — —
To learn about sales, customer acquisition, business strategy, and more, read our 50,000 subscribers strong blog.
Join over 10,000 followers on LinkedIn, to learn just released success stories from around the world of business.